Monday, November 25, 2013

To blog or not to blog....that is the question

I'll be honest. Now that I've taken a buyout and departed the staff of the Austin American-Statesman, I have no inclination to try to blog every day of my life. Otherwise, why not keep the full-time job?

That said, I love having a conversation with you folks about travel, and I have lots of travel ahead to share. And I'd like to talk about things like the possibility of using phones on airplanes (please, please don't).

So, I'm weighing the possibilities.

If I DO start a blog here, I will:

(a) Talk about all my trips with you when I get home, not while I'm there -- because while I'm there I want to revel in the experience.

(b) NOT tweet at you five times a day to read my blog. I hate that and won't do it to others.

(c) Still try to stay abreast of airline issues with the help of my fellow travel writers.

What do you think? Should I do it?


1 comment:

  1. Yes! Do it! As a native Austinite (yes, we do exist), I read you religiously. Now, I read blogs, write a travel blog myself, all in an attempt to stay current, active and connected. You will definitely love it without the stress of "doing it for a living."

    ReplyDelete